Governance and Reporting Analyst - HSBC
HSBC is currently going through a period of transformative digital change and to remain competitive, must ramp up productive capacity in Digital and remove unnecessary barriers to go faster.
To achieve this an integrated team to design, build and run digital services: HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) is being created. Bringing together over 3,000 colleagues from across the Group, HDS will focus on designing, building and running digital services in HSBC. It will strengthen a shared sense of purpose, unify delivery accountability and enable faster execution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and running of executive reporting and governance for HSBC's Global Digital Portfolio, working with key stakeholders regionally and globally.
* Support management in establishing a global view of digital activities to enable vision realisation.
* Support the creation of thought leadership and coordination of content for key reports and forums to senior management, including Digital Steering Committee, Digital leadership team, RBWM ExCo and other forums.
* Work with a variety of stakeholders across functions, levels, and geographies to appropriately and accurately message content of reports and presentations.
* Support governance and reporting across the expanse of the programme, iterating upon current model and working closely with relevant functions such as agile delivery teams, Transformation Office, Digital Finance, HDS Business Management, and Internal Audit.
* Creative and strategic problem solver, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity and prepared to relentlessly drive through extensive change to an aggressive timeline.
* Self-driven, pro-active and energetic with a positive attitude.
* Excellent written and oral communication and proven ability to influence and manage stakeholders.
* Strong analytical and written presentation skills with ability to work under pressure with high accuracy and focus; extensive experience in the development of executive reports and presentations, comfortable carrying out detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to identify and present key themes and trends.
* Experience working in a large Digital organisation, including experience working in an agile environment and an understanding of the material differences of Digital Banking to other Banking divisions.