Governance Manager - Compliance Operations & Controls
Overall purpose of role
The key objectives of this role will be to:
* Implement governance standard across the Compliance Chief Control Office (CCO) including, monitoring and updating the status of team deliverables
* Actively monitoring, track and report on issue/milestone status
* Manage communications from the Compliance CCO Issue Management, Compliance CCO and Compliance Issue Management and Risk Event Mailboxes
* Monitor reporting and assist the management team in reporting to Senior Management and / External Stakeholders.
* Maintenance of the Issue/Milestone tracking log
* Organise monthly governance forum / key meetings.
To achieve this, key tasks will include:
* Develop effective working relationship with various senior stakeholders were required such as Business Compliance, Internal Audit, Action Delivery Owners, Central Group Infrastructure (CGI) team and Compliance Management members
* Have full visibility and understanding of all commitments for Risk and Control function.
* Monitoring and tracking of all commitments.
* Actively monitoring and following on issue/milestone owners for closure documentations.
* Actively monitoring and tracking of CCO deliverables
* Provide ongoing support to Compliance CCO management team including consolidating and distributing meeting material and taking meeting minutes
* Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of management
* Maintain and update the issue /milestone tracking log
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Develop effective working relationship with various senior stakeholders were required such as Business Compliance, Internal Audit, Action Delivery Owners, Central Group Infrastructure (CGI) team and Compliance Management members.
* Handles difficult personnel situation directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Proven track record for planning, monitoring and tracking of multiple deliverables and commitments from various streams of work with minimal supervision.
* Personable, proactive, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities.
* Good team player
* Highly proficient in IT skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Good time management skills, excellent teamwork, motivation and attention to details
* Good understanding of project management skill /methodology
* Experience in Financial Industry
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.