Objectives will include but will not be limited to:
* Alongside the Chief Control Officer, responsible for the design, implementation and embedding of the Global CCO Target Operating Model (TOM) for Business Services.
* Responsible for the operational design, delivery and embedding of the core services outlined in the Risk Governance pillar.
* Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of an efficient and effective end-to-end Risk Governance framework, compliant with the Group ORMF and the Chief Control Office's strategy.
* Responsible for policy framework - residing over amendment, new and additional policies.
* Responsible for owning and managing the functional relationship with the GBM CCO Risk Governance pillar, ensuring strategic direction is translated into operational processes and practices consistently across the Business Services organisation.
* Along with the wider CCO and Business Services team, coordinate the review of the Risk Control library for Business Services, ensuring identification of control gaps / deficiencies and residual risks. Ensure gaps and deficiencies are appropriately logged and tracked through to conclusion.
* Provide stakeholder management with the Regions, Global Business, and Global Function Heads on group operational risk initiatives impacting the CCO and Business Services, leveraging and sharing best practices/lessons learnt.
* Design and own an educational risk programme identifying core topics and themes that are both framework and operationally relevant for the business
Impact on Business
* Provides direction, central ownership and maintenance of the control framework, ensuring full alignment with Group ORMF. Validate operational controls to ensure delivery of tangible improvements and strengthening of the control environment.
* Implements appropriate risk governance, holistic oversight of new/emerging risk and reporting practices to ensure appropriate oversight of key risk and control issues impacting Business Services globally.
Customers / Stakeholders
* Responsible for building trusted relationships and close working practices with key business partners, stakeholders and across the 3 lines of defence e.g. Risk Stewards,GOR and Internal Audit.
* Viewed as a cultural leader for risk and control. An enabler, leading and contributing to education and learning initiatives, promoting policies and best practices, and raising awareness and general understanding of risks and controls in Business Services (impacts and consequences).
Leadership & Teamwork
* Motivate the broader BS team to focus on and deliver high performance, high energy, and high focus control environments.
* Promote effective communication across the BS team to build and foster the requisite risk & control mindset across all levels and geographies.
* Set the standards by cultivating an operating environment that reflects the HSBC brand & values
* Lead by example - deal with others as one wants to be dealt with, exert discipline and focus in overcoming challenges, speak up about perceived issues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Drive and improve efficiency across Business Services risk & control framework, taking into consideration cost, time, and benefits.
* Embed and maintain a robust control framework that minimises the likelihood of risks or impact to the business.
* The role holder will be part of the Business Services CCO Management Team and needs to provide thought leadership and challenge the Business Services leadership (and others where appropriate) on their Risk Appetite.
* Successfully executing and / or coordinating consistent deployment of complex, global business and regulatory-driven solutions in a matrix management structure.
* Quickly and effectively integrate multiple distinct demands and agendas in order to provide a single, consolidated plan and approach that is understood, relevant and realistic to the business/ sponsor/ accountable executives.
* The GBM CCO function is looking to adopt a new operating model and the role holder will be integral to the GBM Business Services CCO in order to:
* Embed the Vision and Strategy for the function
* Build the Three Pillars (Risk Governance, Risk Assessment and Risk Process and Control)
* Build the full Service & Control Inventory for the function
* Administer the underpinning RACI model (and how this links to staff roles, objectives and job descriptions)
* To function effectively, the individual should have a strong risk and control background with extensive experience of senior roles that require strong leadership, governance and control.
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills are required, together with the ability to build a network of contacts, form strong working relationships and influencing senior colleagues across the Group.