French Qualified Lawyer
Barclays's legal division is strategically aligned to the firm's business units. It provides comprehensive legal support to all areas of the investment bank and has lawyers based in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Frankfurt and Tokyo.
To provide legal support and legal risk management to French Banking business units across the full range of products with a primary focus on French law and French clients' transactions and documentation (in particular in DCM, ECM and M&A).
In the context of the role, the legal counsel will be accountable for:
* Drafting, amending and/or reviewing and commenting on transactional and pre-transactional documentation in relation to all the products of the investment bank;
* Supporting the execution teams by keeping abreast of current trends in the market, market practice and relevant regulation and suggesting updates to policies, precedents and procedures as appropriate;
* Using understanding of the overall transaction and general issues relevant to Barclays to create appropriate protections in the transaction documentation/structure.
* Assisting the execution and transaction management teams with process including managing reviews of amendment requests, opinions, engagement, reliance and confidentiality letters.
* Assisting with the production of standard forms and templates.
* Writing practice notes, assisting with policy and guideline formulation and related training on topical issues.
* Advising on regulatory changes and impact on the French business and French clients.
* Providing general advice on matters of French Corporate, Civil and Banking law;
* Providing general assistance to the French branch.
* French law qualified lawyer;
* Fluent French and English speaker;
* Strong Expertise in French capital markets (DCM/ECM) and M&A transactions;
* Expertise in banking and finance law banking law;
* General knowledge in distribution of structured products.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.