Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Job title: Foreign Exchange and Benchmark Surveillance Risk Manager
Corporate title: Vice President
Division: Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime
You'll be responsible for performing routine monitoring of trading and communication activities to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations and firm policies. You'll also be responsible for monitoring the activity of various business lines regionally and as part of a larger Global division. The Surveillance group's mandate is to detect, monitor and investigate activities to identify possible violations of regulatory rule based models and firm policies, as well as to assure policies, procedures and controls are in place.
* Overseeing surveillance of trading and communications activities to detect possible market abuse or market manipulation
* Liaising with the Surveillance Calibration and Effectiveness programme to enhance monitoring of trading activities to detect possible market abuse or market manipulation
* Being responsible for the Bank's day to day effective functioning of the programme. This will include ensuring services standards are met, escalations are dealt with promptly, issues addressed and remediated
* Defining core processes. Reviewing and updating policies and procedures relevant to Surveillance
* Assisting with the development and implementation action of effective procedures and strategic solutions that adhere to one Global platform, across various business lines
* Interacting with the functional team in Birmingham including close and continuous engagement with them, periodic visits to the Birmingham campus, and assessment of and facilitation of local training relating to the programme
* Representing surveillance in discussions with Auditors (internal and external) and other stakeholders in relation to the Surveillance programme.
* Continuously monitoring process stability and escalating to senior management any current or future risks
* Reviewing and analysing new regulations and working to implement them into the existing surveillance programme
* Preparing key performance indicators and key risk indicator reports relevant to the Surveillance programme
* Providing a four eye independent check of the risk to the business by way of weekly Quality Assurance (QA) across relevant trade alerts, e-communication alerts and voice surveillance to ensure consistency and thoroughness of reviews
* Engaging in project based developments to change the bank
Skills and Qualifications:
* Significant experience of the financial services industry with a solid understanding of both the Financial Institutions and Corporate market
* Proven track record of project management skills - experience in critical business projects and project teams
* Risk awareness and understanding of how business risks are managed and mitigated in Deutsche Bank is beneficial
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills and multi-cultural understanding - international work experience is beneficial
* Motivation to work in a dynamic, international and diverse environment
* Effective and concise communicator in English - both written and spoken, paired with good presentation skills
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.