Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. To that end, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
Overall purpose of role:
* Lead role within the Group Risk & Finance Technology team to provide clients quality advise for Financial Reporting solutions implementation and support
* Direct and Indirect leadership of circa 30 engineers across five locations (India, UK, London, US) and report into the Hyperion Competency Centre lead
* Act as architecture owner/Design Lead for Hyperion toolset (HFM/FDM/Essbase/batches)
* Manage relationship with multiple SI Partners and Software vendors (Oracle, IBM, KPMG etc)
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities
* Manage the delivery of all projects in the Financial Reporting space related to Hyperion and other peripheral systems
* Drive development of Barclays Good practice and standards
* Ensure constant high quality of deliverables
* Accountable for documenting necessary information for on-going support (Design document), knowledge sharing (wiki) and transition to operational activities (BAU)
* Stakeholder management and leadership
* Act as an escalation point for Operational Support, Hyperion and Finance Change teams on any Project or BAU challenges
* Liaise with customers to challenge requirements and influence decision
* Work with Architecture and change teams to review and advise on the Financial Reporting technology roadmap.
* Manage transactional relationship with key stakeholders/business users up to MD level
Decision making and problem solving
Must have to ability to quickly assess functional business requirements and translate into technical build solutions.
A key understanding of accounting principles and guidelines
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Good team lead. Able to handle a large geographically distributed team (30 people across 5 regions)
* Excellent communication skills and resistance to stress
* Proven delivery track record of end to EPM and BI implementations
* Excellent, proven Support skills and expertise
* Individual should have at least 5 years development experience on the following technology stack Oracle/Hyperion products: OBIEE build & maintenance, Essbase (Maxl, Data and dimension Load rule, calculation script, report)
* Good knowledge of Integration and Automation
* Very good understanding of a project life-cycle
* Expertise in gathering, understanding incident background, mapping and recreating incidents, and translating root cause into a workable solution
* Good understanding of financial principles
* Any Oracle/Hyperion Certification will be looked on favourably
* Must have experience of working in a Hyperion environment and be skilled in the support of systems
* Experience of working in a Finance environment with controls and working day timetable
* Experience in Essbase design and implementation of changes
* Prince 2 Practitioner / PMI
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.