Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Finance Business Partner- Cost Management
The role sits in COO Finance providing pro active management of cost base through budgeting, forecasting, month end reporting together with provision of financial advice to our key clients. The team are subject matter experts for their respective Functions, covering process, systems, people and strategy.
This is a senior role within Group Cost Management, and as such is expected to show strong leadership across the wider team, and to help identify and implement changed and efficiencies, while acting as a role model to the broader team.
The role has three primary areas of responsibility:
* Lead Finance Business Partner for Function- Provide effective finance management and decision support.
* Function COO FBP- Owning all aspects of the financial support for the functions COO.
* Constant and ongoing liaison with Functions COO, and the full COO Team- Responsibilities include, understanding and owning actual cost, forecast costs and articulating the cost story both to financial and non financial stakeholders.
* Lead on all cost / finance support for the Function across Barclays, working across Group Cost Management and Function COO teams.
* Global Cost Review, analytics and control for the Function and it's sub functions.
* Own and lead on preparing and coordinating the necessary content to manage the cost base on an ongoing basis
* Budgeting and Forecasting
* Financial Control
* and month end reviews of expense and accruals
* Flash Process
* Balance Sheet Ownership
* Project Reporting, CTA, Strategic Investment and Structural Reform Program
* Stakeholder management and leadership
* Qualified Accountant with extensive experience in finance function
* Knowledge of Financial Industry cost drivers
* Highly experienced in direct costs, allocations, capitalisation, cost management and reporting
* Escalates breaches of policy and procedures appropriately
* Have the mindset to identify potential control breaches and speak up
* Consistently delivers against targets and deadlines
* Good understanding of up to date Organisation and Business knowledge
* Strong Stakeholder management skills and ability to build good, effective Relationships
* Excellent written and verbal skills to finance and non finance
* Preferable with experience of Banking
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.