ConSol Partners are currently working closely with a leading client in the automotive industry who require a Multiple CAE and FEA engineers to join the team on a contract basis in the Midlands area. The contract will run for an initial 18-36 months with a very realistic oppertunity for extension! They are looking to take on these individuals as soon as possible, with interview slots being available from the 04/10/2017. If of interest, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
4 x Senior CAE Engineer - Adams Durability
* The candidates will have experience in prototype vehicle development, knowledge of suspension systems and component characteristics, and a well-grounded understanding of vehicle dynamics principles.
* The engineers will be proficient in the use of Adams MBD software to build and modify sub-system and assembly models. The purpose of these role is to conduct the 'Load cascade' process to estimate individual component loads based on RLD using a virtual test rig. An understanding of RLD acquisition methods and data would therefore be useful.
* A high level of organisation is required to manage the test data provided and to apply and assess the information correctly. The engineers will conduct correlation of predicted accelerations and displacements against measured data prior to the release of component time histories for durability analysis.
* Effective communication skills will be required to liaise directly with members of the RLD team and external project partners to share data.
4 x senior CAE Engineer - Dynamics
* The candidates will have experience in prototype vehicle development and an in-depth knowledge of suspension system design, component characteristics and a well-grounded understanding of vehicle dynamics principles.
* The engineers will be proficient in the use of Adams MBD software to build representative sub-system and assembly models and apply component properties. This will include the optimisation and refinement of component characteristics to achieve correlation against test results and desired vehicle attribute targets.
* These candidates will be able to use their initiative to assess the results of the simulations conducted and apply pragmatic solutions to meet the required targets. The applicants will require a flexible, analytical approach with high levels of personal organisation and motivation to be able to deliver with minimal supervision. Effective communication skills and the ability to prioritise tasks under pressure are also necessary.
2 x Senior CAE Engineer - NVH
* The candidates will support full vehicle NVH development via FEA simulation. This will involve working closely with NVH engineers to provide suitable models and liaising with external project partners to share data.
* The engineers will be required to conduct modal and frequency response analyses in order to establish assurance criterion correlations against test results, in addition to determining transfer functions. This will require use of Hyperworks pre and post-processing tools and knowledge of MSC Nastran to build, modify and run FEA models. General appreciation of OEM modelling best practices is desirable.
* These candidates will be able to use their initiative to provide engineering solutions to problems identified by analyses, with high levels of personal organisation and motivation to be able to deliver with minimal supervision. The applicants will require an analytical approach with strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work independently and to prioritise tasks.
4 x FEA Engineer
* The main purpose of this role is to undertake modelling and analysis activities using Finite Element (FE) methods to support component and vehicle design and development, and support process and procedures development.
* The engineer will be required to build, analyse and correlate FE models, including design refinement and optimisation, undertake durability assessment, and support FE contribution to the vehicle design and development programme.
* This candidate should have good familiarity with a range of automotive structures at component and vehicle level, experience in using MSC Nastran and ABAQUS (stress, modal and vibration options) and associated modelling tools, and experience of fatigue assessment using FE models.
* It is likely the candidate will currently be working in a dedicated simulation role for an OEM or analysis consultancy or software vendor.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.
Rate: £25 - £35 per hour, depending on experience.