Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website for more information.
Asset Servicing CST are a Global group responsible for delivering Market Leading Support, Technology and Client Service in Corporate Action & Income aligned Investment Management.
The group directly supports External Hedge fund Clients, Proprietary Trading Desks, Equity Finance, Prime Brokerage and a number of other key Business Partners such as Barclays Wealth.
The Global Asset Servicing Group comprises of 225 people across multiple regions.
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will be responsible for:
* Supporting and executing customer experience, control, and performance aligned solutions for managing the Asset Servicing relationships of the firm's top tier Hedge fund client base, internal FO businesses, counterparties, Agents / Vendors and Operational Partners.
* Maintaining and supporting the group with their primary activities. These include Query Management across all Asset Classes / Asset Servicing event types, Relationship Management of key clients and businesses and issue resolution / conflict Management.
* Executing strategy to improve Client Service, Process, Control and Performance; while also Identifying and exploiting opportunities to differentiate Barclays from the competition. All responsibilities will be performed while maintaining team controls, procedures and governance to protect the firm and their client base.
* Performing presentations and relationship building exercises in front of clients, business heads and senior operational partners.
* Reporting directly to the VP of EMEA AS Client Services
* Accountable for maintaining all key EMEA Client Service team controls and processes, Query and relationship management of key clients/counterparties and delivering on objectives to support the group's wider strategy and vision.
* Differentiating Barclays from the competition and implementing a commercial advantage for the firm's stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
The successful candidate will:
* Ideally have managed high performance AS / client service teams historically.
* Be accountable for maintaining all key EMEA Client Service team controls and processes, Query and relationship management of key clients/counterparties.
* The role holder will uphold Query/ Relationship management excellence at all times and be accountable for maintaining all Client Service KRI's and KPI's.
* Will require minimum supervision, while also being able to demonstrate strategic vision.
* Have a good understanding of all processes, applications and techniques within the department and continuously seek out areas for process improvement. The successful candidate will require minimum supervision, while also being able to demonstrate strategic vision.
* Manage the relationships of a number of External / internal clients / stakeholders and be accountable for fostering a mutually beneficial relationship with Asset Servicing and other key operational partners.
* Be required to represent Barclays on client / stakeholder visits, presentations and industry events.
* Be responsible for supporting all of the group's stakeholders - including the firm's Hedge fund client base, internal FO businesses - EFG inc. prime, Equity / Debt trading, legal & compliance etc., counterparties, Agents / Vendors and Operational Partners
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
The successful candidate will:
* Be recognised as a true Asset Servicing expert.
* Have a solid track record of demonstrating superior client service skills, as well as strong verbal / written communication skills.
* Have a good understanding of all processes, applications and techniques within the department and continuously seek out areas for process improvement.
* Commercial effectiveness: For the successful candidate, commercial effectiveness will be a key part of their DNA.
* Academic and professional qualifications: The Ideal candidate will have graduated with an honours degree or equivalent.
* Control environment: The role holder will be play a key role in implementing the risk and control policies and procedures of the department.
* Language / Communication skills: The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to quickly adjust communication and presentation style to suit the audience.
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.