Digital Programme Manager
The Digital Delivery Office's purpose is to deliver mission critical digital programme and project change across technology that supports the firms Omni-Channel and Customer Experience strategy. The work varies extensively between landing new products and services to generate revenue, and implementing regulatory or mandatory changes to sustain services for our current business. We operate in a highly collaborative manner joining business and technology teams together ("front to back") to drive successful programme execution.
Responsible for overall leadership and delivery of a group of projects underpinned by a common theme and related business case.
* The identification, planning and coordination of a set of projects or work streams within a programme of business change, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies:
* Maintains a strategic view over the set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives, or large-scale change, by achieving a vision of the outcome of the project or programme.
* Aligns the objectives for defined and agreed activities with business change objectives and authorises the selection and planning of all related projects and activities.
* Plans, directs and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement complex projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
* Resource Management
* Stakeholder relationship management
* Good understanding of Digital technologies and dependent technologies
* The role holder will have strong people management and leadership skills.
* Experience of working in a matrix management environment.
* Exceptional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to inform business decisions.
* Strong analytical/problem solving mind set but with the ability and willingness to get into the details to find solutions.
* Experience of managing business change/transformation challenges
* Proven track record of working in the Financial Services Industry
* Demonstrable security awareness, and understanding of security in the broad business context
* Formal external qualification/accreditation in project management methodology
* Working knowledge of Barclays - goals, financials, staff numbers and structure.
* Delivered Digital led programmes
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.