As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this. We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*as at 30 June 2017
As a Digital Enablement Analyst within Schroders, you will be at the intersection of technology, financial services, and innovation. You will work on a range of initiatives which will address business issues/opportunities within the organisation by implementing innovative new technologies.
As part of our Digital Strategy, Schroders is embarking on a number of initiatives to transform the way we work, interact with clients and partners and, operate our internal business processes. As a result, we are expanding the Digital Enablement team to support the adoption of innovative technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Blockchain within the context of Investment Management.
Digital Enablement is a relatively new team, reporting into the Chief Digital Officer. It was established in June 2017 and has already successfully introduced Robotic Process Engineering (RPA) into Schroders.
Overview of role
The candidate would be asked to work within a small team to fulfil the below duties:
* Work with colleagues across the business to increase knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies
* Support the development of business cases and operating models for emerging technologies
* Envision, develop and evaluate applications for AI/ML technologies and tools as they continue to evolve
* Build Proof of Concept experiments to quickly show the art of the possible to colleagues across Schroders using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
* Design, develop, and test viable productionised machine learning models
* Support the adoption of internally and externally developed machine learning/artificial intelligence models and ensuring that business value is achieved
* Support strategic and tactical planning activities where required
Essential Skills and Experience
* Strong background working with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
* Experience creating business cases and/or operating models for emerging technology in established organisations
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Experience working in Financial Services Technology
* Working knowledge and experience of the Investment Management industry
* Experience of implementing new, innovative technologies in large organisations
* Familiarity with working in Agile development teams (preferably SAFe)
* Experience using DevOps tools such as Jira, TFS, Octopus and Confluence
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new situations quickly
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
* Comfortable working as part of global team
* Ability to successfully navigate project/workplace politics
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and able to manage activities to establish clarity
* Passion for emerging technologies
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.