Digital Business Analyst
The Digital Delivery Office's purpose is to deliver mission critical digital programme and project change across technology that supports the firms Omni-Channel and Customer Experience strategy. The work varies extensively between landing new products and services to generate revenue, and implementing regulatory or mandatory changes to sustain services for our current business. We operate in a highly collaborative manner joining business and technology teams together ("front to back") to drive successful programme execution.
Overall purpose of role
* Work on large streams of business analysis and own project artefacts for one or more small projects.
* Own components of analysis/artefacts for medium to large scale projects including IT handover and testing.
* Provide support to the Lead Business Analyst in training new members of the team.
* Face off to one or many business areas/SME's understanding high level requirements and challenging where necessary.
* Work independently to elicit, validate and document business requirements and input into solution design where necessary.
* Present findings, requirements and problem statements to Design Authority with supporting documentation. Including a consistent customer journey taxonomy
* Define analysis approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation.
* Support the Testing Strategy and input into the coverage of Test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
* Participate in the testing cycle and own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design clarifications.
* Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of requirement proposals within a project or initiative.
* Has enough knowledge of specialist area to be credible with business users and SMEs. Is still developing SME knowledge in a number of areas.
* Some limited experience of the software development lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the actors involved.
* Some understanding of project methodologies and their application within the organisation's project methodology.
* Awareness of Digital technologies and downstream technology dependencies
* Experience of some of the underpinning frameworks and tools for business analysis documentation e.g. UML / BPMN
* Adept at using Microsoft Office products with some experience using other software packages relevant to BA work
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.