Digital Architect- Barclaycard
The Barclaycard Design and Digital Office provides Barclaycard with market-changing leadership in the Design and Digital product innovation and development arena, and drives the transformation and strategic integration of global digital platforms. The Barclaycard Design & Digital Office leverages expertise from across the business in customer insight, technology and product to rapidly develop and progress innovative digital ideas and solutions to meet our customer needs.
Overall purpose of role:
A digital architect role is required within the Barclaycard Digital Office (Operations & Technology, Barclaycard) for the following purpose:
* Support in the definition of digital architecture, roadmaps and technical solutions as well as technical consultancy and leading edge technology thinking as required across Barclaycard
* Clearly articulate / communicate direction and benefits of digital architecture to developers / engineers and non-technical stakeholders
* Responsible for creating digital technology architecture solutions and cost estimates, to meet business needs, in line with Barclaycard and Barclays strategy and architecture. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
* Working with the relevant enterprise wide architects and digital business aligned strategy leads, supports the creation of an appropriate digital technology strategy for the relevant business area.
* Maintain technology roadmaps for digital capabilities across Barclaycard
* Responsible for ensuring the digital engineering / development teams within Barclaycard are aligned to the Barclaycard technical strategy, architecture, quality standards and policies.
* Work collaboratively with the relevant technology colleagues, project managers, architects, business analysts and developers to ensure that the digital outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original technical solution specified.
* Able to challenge stakeholders creatively and professionally to create architectural solutions which meet the business need (including budgetary / time constraints) whilst being aligned to Barclaycard architectural blueprint, principles and standards.
* Can describe existing / emerging digital technology and technology strategy to developers and non-technical stakeholders both verbally and via appropriate documentation.
* Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request.
* Experience of application client and server architecture in the web and/or mobile domain
* Experience of application frameworks and architecture patterns
* Experience of Object-Oriented design and Enterprise Integration Patterns
* Experience of presenting technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Specific experience of domain driven and event driven architecture
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Experience of operating in an Agile delivery environment
* Experience of microservices and refactoring to microservices
* Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman).
* Experience of DevOps and containerization
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.