About Barclaycard Digital & Design Office
The Barclaycard Digital & Design Office has over 330 talented and diverse colleagues, based in the UK (Northampton, London & Knutsford), India and Singapore. The team is led by Ian Bromwich (MD), who reports into Patrick Wright, Barclaycard's Chief Operating & Technology Officer.
We are fully aligned with the O&T Strategy to take Barclays into the digital future and create world-class experiences for our customers, clients and colleagues.
About Digital Services MI Team
Together with the wider Digital & Design Office, we drive the digital data strategy and work closely with projects, programmes, business and function based colleagues to define data recommendations, deliver solutions and support subsequent analysis. The team drives the control of tags/event management, carrying out regular audits and performance analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall purpose of role
* To co-ordinate all Web and Digital Analytics and reporting for Barclaycard Digital & Design Office performance and functional reporting requirements.
* Barclaycard Digital Analytics Specialist works to specify, collect and present web and digital analytics and reporting for the wider Digital Office.
Use Web Analytics to help Business achieve following objectives:
* Increase traffic and visitor engagement
* Sell more, spend less of the marketing budget
* Optimise all customer journeys
* Apply specialist analytics where needed
Focus business/marketing staff on delivery and insights, not data management.
Web Analytics Delivery and Reporting
* Responsible for deriving continuous value from in-house Web Analytics tools such as Webtrends and te Catalyst to share insights with the rest of the business
* Responsible for supporting the analytic needs of the Digital channels by
* gathering requirements from business teams such as Marketing and Acquisition,
* translating them into effective solutions independently or using 3rd party agencies for web data collection,
* integrating this data generated by web tools into centralised MI repository
* analysing web traffic to create insights
* collaborating with business stakeholders to optimise the process
* ensuring maximum value is derived from investment in web analytics by providing training to promote greater value for customers from the MI provision
* Providing Tag Management expertise
* Supporting the Testing phases - Build test cases, ensure conformance to requirements etc.
* Liaising, co-coordinating and managing 3rd party agencies responsible for web analytics provision and tag management.
* Provide regular Web and digital reports for use both within the Barclaycard Digital & Design Office and in the wider Barclays Group
* Presenting externally to clients and build relationships directly with counterparts within client's analytical departments
* Ensure analysis is delivered to time and to expectations
* Support business with A/B and Multivariate Testing
* Ensure the high quality of Digital performance data. Identify delivery obstacles to improving Digital strategy MI and work with relevant teams to overcome those obstacles.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Work closely with other group wide management information and reporting teams to accelerate and maintain skills level, particularly the development of professional change skill-sets
* Support colleagues, both in the Barclaycard Digital & Design Office and among partner teams to develop the use and adoption of Digital analytics and MI
* Keep abreast of emerging analytics themes and technological advances and recommend on the use within the Barclaycard Digital & Design Office
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Evaluate customer tracking requirements and devise efficient and effective tagging specifications and reporting solutions
* Undertake ad-hoc analysis of large and complex data in order to provide insight, analysis and recommendations to aid decision making across all aspects of web tracking / customer journey
* Undertake investigation of issues and faults, quality control and audit routines to ensure all web tracking / reporting and analysis is performing as per specification
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
* Strong expertise and hands-on experience using web analytics tools such as Webtrends, Omniture Site Catalyst etc.
* Extensive experience in the collation of raw data, production of MI and reporting in relation to performance reporting
* In depth experience in a professional project environment or portfolio office/matrix management structure
* Influencing / networking - developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions.
* Comprehensive experience in professional communications, both written correspondence and face to face
* Expertise in MS Excel to be able to produce effective MI reporting and translating into PowerPoint presentations