An excellent opportunity has arisen in a London NHS Clinical Commissioning Group for a Deputy CFO to start on an initial 3 month contract.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will act as the day-to-day operational lead for the finance and informatics functions for the CCG.
The role will oversee both functions, ensuring smooth delivery of each and the delivery of key objectives whilst ensuring consistency between the functions.
- To be the operational lead for all finance and informatics functions of the CCG on a day to day basis
- Ensure effective reporting of the financial position of the CCG on a monthly basis and overseeing the CCG's production of the monthly management accounts
-Ensure effective operational financial planning and business planning, coordinating finance, contracts, informatics and liaising with the CSU as appropriate
- Advising on the establishment of appropriate reserves and contingencies and proving advice on business cases, contracts and investment proposals
- Directly advise CCG staff, clinicians and other key decision makers on financial and contract issues
- Working closely with the CFO in the formulation of policies, and advising on their financial implications and assisting in the implementation of those policies
- Working closely with the CFO, advise on any financial or contract matters which will impact on the commissioning decisions or the CCG's viability, including changes to Payment by Results, contract form, or other external changes
- In conjunction with the CFO, ensure that effective systems of financial governance are in place and ensure that the relevant recommendations of the internal and external auditors are implemented
To be successful in your application for this role, previous experience in a similar position will be essential. You should be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and the ability to be effective in the delivery of the strategy and aspirations of the CCG.
If this role is of interest to you, please send an up to date CV to Jack.Frazer@goodmanmasson.com