Database Automation Engineer
Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
A role to automate existing manual processes within the database area has become available. The role of the Database Automation Engineer will be to use a blend of Powershell, Python and C# scripting skills to automate processes within the team to increase time and efficiency within the team/organisation. This is an AVP level role based in our Technology Centre.
* To work with database support and control teams in order to investigate and understand the manual processes they follow and automate them in a repeatable and extensible manner
* To work closely with other members of the Database Automation and Enablement team to create a holistic, common framework for automation that can be easily extended to new tasks and database technologies within the bank
* To carry out automated scripts within either Powershell, Python and/C#
* To gather requirements from a variety of stakeholders in different teams with differing priorities
* Automated scripting experience using either PowerShell and/or Python
* Development experience of c#, ASP.NET and SQL Server for website and API development.
* Experience of working in a changing team, working quickly to satisfy competing priorities
* The ability to communicate effectively on a variety of levels; from senior non-technical stakeholders, to technology specialists
* Knowledge of any of the following data platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Teradata
* Development skillset for Unix and Windows platforms to deliver automation - ideally in-depth
* Experience of ASP.NET MVC framework
* Use of automation tools such as HP-DMA, Chef OR Puppet
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.