Data Visualization - Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI
Contract - London
Overall purpose of role
* The candidate will be working with Global Compliance Management Reporting to develop online Compliance dashboards using a visualisation tool by liaising with key SMEs/stakeholders.
* Dashboards are the focus of interactive management information tools for the Compliance Management Team and senior Barclay's executives the aim is to save executives time and support their decision making.
* The candidate will be a member of a successful team already providing reporting and risk control support across all Compliance business lines. The candidate will contribute to the development of Compliance capability by constructively challenging its on-going effectiveness and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
* There is significant scope to expand financial industry knowledge and contribute to effective control.
* Design, and develop interactive dashboards using a visualisation tool;
* Gain an understanding of Compliance data, information, reporting (training and guidance will be given);
* Business analysis skills necessary to understand and organise data structures including business hierarchy
* An understanding of techniques to communicate aggregations and trends in information;
* Migration of existing dashboards (currently in TIBCO Spotfire);
* Implement to documented methodologies and standards;
* Implement controls around data and exception handling;
* Ability to link and aggregate standalone dashboards to promote greater interactivity through online MI reports;
* Awareness of regulations and risks associated with accessing and reporting on sensitive information eg Personally Identifiable information;
* Consistently work at pace with accuracy.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Work on an agile basis with business SME's of all corporate grades to understand business data, dashboard requirements;
* Provide demonstrations, support and training to compliance and business users (across all Corporate Grades);
* Work with technology regarding data onboarding.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Be proactive, demonstrate well-considered judgments and anticipate emerging risks
* Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing draft observations with management, as necessary.
* Ability to design, write and execute test cases.
* Good understanding and use of an analytical language (SAS, R, Python)
* Knowledge of statistics and data analytics
* Good understanding and commercial use of one of:
* Qlik view/sense
* Power BI (Microsoft)
* Alternative visualisation tools (similar to above)
* A self-starter with experience of project type approach
* Actively improves technical knowledge through self-learning and formal training
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience in Compliance, Accounting, risk or other similar functions in a large organisation;
* Knowledge of big data technologies (eg advantages vs disadvantages);
* Experience of visualisation tools beyond those listed
* Analytical languages alternative to those listed above
* Technology background with developer skill set
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.