Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Data Scientist / Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President
You'll be joining the Independent Review Group (IRG) in order to develop a platform and sophisticated analytics to implement the aims of the Trading Surveillance Programme - which is to proactively monitor, identify and prevent trading fraud.
Your initial focus is on the specifying and prototyping of a platform that is capable of applying event driven, real-time analytics to large and complex data sets. The focus is then on developing and optimising the analytics to further enhance the effectiveness of the Programme.
* Full-stack development skills providing the ability to take a data analytic product from inception through to production
* Working across the full spectrum of the development lifecycle - from rapidly knocking out an end-to-end prototype to resolving production issues with the analytical model
* Problem solving at a globally complex scale - ability to navigate a complex organisation in order to identify keys systems and influence people required to deliver the product
Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified to Doctorate/ Masters level in a Quantitative Discipline (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics/Econometrics) or equivalent qualification
* Related industry experience across the full-stack development environment
* Experience using machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in identifying patterns and signals
* Experience engineering data pipelines across distributed, complex datasets in order to get the data in a form in which to apply the model
* Experience building UI dashboards for both internal model analysis and external result communications
* Ability to research new tools and processes to facilitate the effectiveness of all of the above processes
* Excellent software engineering fundamentals, i.e. fluent with TDD, BDD, CI
* Fluency across Windows and Linux development/deployment environments
* Experience in distributed analytic engines, preference is Apache Spark / pyspark and associated ecosystem (e.g. MLlib, Elastic search, Kibana)
* Exceptionally strong mathematical/statistical/computer science fundamentals, being able to logically construct and apply a model from first principles
* An excellent team player who invests in their fellow team members, sharing information and championing the value of the team vs the individual
* Excellent at communicating to all levels
* Able to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your