The Organisation Effectiveness (OE) team partner with HRBPs and the business, using data and insights to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of BUK. By analysing people and performance data from a range of sources, we provide insights on organisation standards relating to shape, size, cost and productivity drivers to enable HR and business leaders make decisions on the best use of our people resources. We facilitate internal and external benchmarking to allow comparison to best in class organisations and identify opportunities to improve business performance.
* We are looking for a candidate that combines proficiency in data science & statistical methods with capability in web design and programming.
* The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the study of financial, business and human capital data and a passion for identifying and answering questions that help us lead to best business outcomes.
The role encompasses discovering and rationalising historical patterns in large data sets, developing predictive models, creating automated data solutions and researching machine learning techniques that are proprietary to Barclays. It will work as part of a team that partners with lead HRBPs and business leaders to build data-driven solutions that bring speed, accuracy and a fresh perspective to decision making.
* Data Analytics, Analysis & Insight
* Stakeholder and Relationship Management
* Translating Data into Actionable Insight
* MSc/PhD in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics
* 5+ years' experience working with large amounts of real, complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data
* Proven portfolio of past web design projects, literate with HTML and XHTML plus other languages
* Able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and translate solutions to actionable plans
* Expertise in at least one statistical modelling software package
* Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
* Rigorous yet creative analytic approach that enables superior business outcomes
* Able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience in using HR databases (SAP, Taleo, Success Factors)
* A demonstrable interest in Machine Learning and/or Statistics
* Excellent stakeholder management & communication skills, with very senior audiences
* Strong problem solving skills , with a good level of commercial acumen and creativity
* Ability to consult and ask the right questions to get to the heart of the matter, scoping out the right hypotheses / problem statements
* Intellectually curious and not afraid to try new ways of looking at and solving people related business problems
* Comfortable holding others to account in delivering to timescales and commitments
* Humble, collaborative and the ability to work easily with others towards the completion of shared goals
* Able to prioritise and effectively manage a high volume of work
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.