Overall purpose of role
The CDO Data Quality function is responsible for defining and implementing a robust Data Quality framework Group-wide, and for providing ongoing oversight to ensure Data Quality processes and procedures are operating effectively across the Group to satisfy the requirements of Barclays' Data Quality standards.
The purpose of this specific role is to lead the Group Data Quality Issue Management function, ensuring effective and efficient ongoing operation of robust Data Quality Issue Management processes and procedures, including senior management reporting. As part of this, also to lead continuous improvement of the function as required throughout embedding of the Data Quality framework into the Organisation and catering for ongoing evolution of the Business over time. The role also requires leadership and supervision of one or two direct reports supporting the day to day operation of the function. The team members may be remotely located.
* Execution leadership of the Group Data Quality Issue Management function
* Manage embedding and ongoing execution of all processes required within the Issue Management framework, requiring effective and close working relationships with Business Unit and Functional Unit Data Quality (DQ) leads across the Group.
* Close oversight of Critical and Major Data Quality issues in the Group Data Quality Issues Register, working with DQ Leads to ensure appropriate Issue capture, categorisation and remediation planning, and close management of issue remediation progress throughout the life cycle of all issues.
* Development and implementation of key Issue Management reporting outputs and artefacts
* Production of timely, accurate and insightful Issue Management metrics artefacts for Business Unit, Group and Executive Data Management Councils or on an ad-hoc basis when required, in an efficient, repeatable and consistent fashion.
* Ownership of the Group Data Quality Issues Register from an Issue data quality and functional requirements perspective.
* Build relationships and a network across the CDO teams and related groups to support embedding of strong Issue Management disciplines.
* Identify and define tooling requirements to aid continuous improvement and collaborate with the IT delivery teams in planning delivery and implementation.
* Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues across the Group in order to run an effective and respected Group Issue Management function
* Leverage a range of stakeholders and networks to achieve optimisation and continuous improvement of the Issue Management function
* Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key leads in the IT teams responsible for Issue Management tools.
* Influence colleagues within Group Business and Functional Unit CDO teams (mostly remotely located from this role), to ensure ongoing effective Issue Management.
* Provide day to day leadership, direction and supervision of a small remotely located operational team supporting the execution of the Group Issue Management function.
* Appropriately plan and balance operational workload in order to accommodate ad-hoc changes and demands
* Drive continuous improvement of the Issue Management function
* Define, report and provide insightful commentary on key performance indicators relating to Issue Management.
* Attract, recruit, retain and lead a lean, high performing team as workload demands
* Be a role model for the Barclays Values
Risk and Control Objective
* Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
* Ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders, orally and in writing
* Attention to detail and ability to scrutinise and challenge data
* Strong influencing skills and the ability to form collaborative relationships focussed on delivery
* Confident in constructively challenging others when required Ability to pick things up quickly
* Strong work ethic, collaborative in approach and pride in doing a good job
* Enthusiastic and energetic approach
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Strong banking background and business understanding, with experience leading a small high performance operational team, alongside hands-on execution
* Experience in the production, interpretation and insightful reporting of metrics and trends using various tools and presentation mediums as appropriate for the audience, including senior management.
* Strong delivery focus, attention to detail, problem solving and a proven ability to form collaborative working relationships focussed on delivery within a matrix organisation
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Ability to understand a need and define a plan and manage execution to deliver to that need
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint, with good visualisation skills
* Driver of change to achieve continuous improvement
* Experience of Qlik would be an advantage