Data Migration Project Manager
As part of the 3-year Africa Separation programme, a Project Manager is required specialising in Data Migration (DM) between global locations. The complexity of the DM workstream will increase rapidly as the application strategies are fully confirmed and the TSA's are drafted, impacting the associated risk profile, and management thereof. The PM will work closely with technology leads to ensure production of a clear project plan for execution of data migration activities.
* The PM role reports into the Data Migration programme manager, who is responsible for:
* Jointly planning and designing the programme with the tech leads and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
* Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme
* Managing communications with all stakeholders
* Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
* Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the programme director
* Demonstrable experience managing mid - large size technology projects
* Experience with divestment and / or data migration projects on global basis
* Able to form a wide network within the organisation and show integrity while addressing challenging situations
* Adept at influencing others even when position is not initially shared by others (e.g: able to bring evidence to convince others)
* Prince, 6 Sigma, Lean or Agile experience preferable.
* Ability to successfully communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.