My client, a FTSE listed based merchant bank, is looking for a Cyber Security Expert to work within their SOC team based in central London.
Role: Cyber Security Expert (SOC)
Location: Central London
Salary: £60-71k + Bonus + Package
Role Type: Permanent
* Monitor the environment for security incidents utilising the company's security tooling including Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Anomaly Detection Systems (ADS), Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), email/web filtering, deep packet inspection and all other security controls and systems operated by Information Security team.
* Investigate, triage and respond to potential security incidents.
* Ensure that appropriate detective and protective controls are in place, configured, tuned, and maintained operational
* Monitor the SOC operational environment to ensure that it is operating effectively
* Participate to the day-to-day tactical operations of the SOC and the strategic development of it
* Provide oversight of security controls operated by the Infrastructure and Operations teams.
o Operating systems security;
o Secure network architectures;
o Encryption technologies;
o Communications security;
o Authentication methodologies;
o Application security;
o Database security;
o SIEM System operation and analytics
o Intrusion Detection and Prevention
o Load balancers, routers and Switches
o Wired and Wireless infrastructures
o Email/Web filtering technologies
o Virtualised environments / Cloud
o Deep Packet Analysis Tools
o Anti Malware Systems / Solution
o Strong network traffic and log analysis skills
o Malware analysis skills
o Computer Forensics