Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
RBWM Risk consists of 7 key functions, representing c 11,000 FTE spread across all key RBWM markets.
The vision for the Group Insurance Data Programme is to ensure that Group Insurance Risk has the data required to meet its business and external reporting requirements, regulatory commitments and control obligations. The data consumed by Group Insurance should be complete, accurate, appropriate and timely. It should be flexible enough to respond to new requirements raised internally or externally.
In this role, you will:
* Champion our strategic programme, initiated to develop a strategic data and IT infrastructure, reducing reliance on EUCs and manual processes. It includes a road-map for improving controls, consistency and timeliness of risk reporting.
* Interpreting, implementing and using data across the Group for both operational and regulatory purposes. With the broad range of data that exists within the Group, it is the Critical Data Elements (CDEs) that must be identified, monitored and maintained most closely.
* Be responsible for all aspects of CDE management and Lineage documentation.
* Manage consistent capture of the CDE properties to enable the Group to re-use the CDEs and minimise the possible duplication of CDEs across the Group and in GB/GFs. These properties (or "metadata") are attributes that describe the characteristics of the data element that must be captured for each CDE.
* On-going maintenance of CDE properties and information, including processes for the review, challenge, resolution and sign off. This is enabled by the Group Data Dictionary that is used to document and maintain CDE properties and information.
* The consistent capture and maintenance of CDE lineage back to source data in line with Group standards, using automated tools where appropriate. Data Lineage relates to the documented flow of data and its transformation between data repositories (e.g. between a business area specific system and a Group system) or the flow of data from creation (or derivation) through to the point that it is used (e.g. between a front office system and a report). Lineage enables business users to trace and audit the flow of data and to identify and validate any changes to the data during the movement.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
* A sound understanding of the end to end data lineage for Insurance data
* Solid understanding of business domain and business processes
* Ability to work collaboratively across functional and business boundaries
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009OKQ.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.