Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job title: Country Portfolio Risk Manager
Corporate title: Vice President
You'll work with colleagues in other Risk divisions and the business to set country strategies and risk appetite. This has a critical role to play in determining whether cross-risk concentrations are over / under-weight and adjusting strategies accordingly. You'll also play a lead role in responding to requests for ad hoc cross-risk analysis of country / regional portfolio downside risks and making strategy recommendations.
You will need to develop a good understanding of financial and non-financial risks and how they interact with each other. It is also key you develop and maintain a good understanding of the key macroeconomic, geopolitical, financial market and other risk developments at country level and to take a proactive approach to recommending strategy changes when the risk environment changes.
* Setting and maintaining country risk strategies and risk appetite for a broad selection of countries which Deutsche Bank has exposure to. This includes writing annual regional strategy documents which are presented to senior risk committees for approval
* Proactively recommending strategy and appetite changes when the risk environment changes (e.g. when a country is downgraded)
* Working on ad hoc projects and Senior Management requests for country-related analysis
* Supporting the enhancement of the country risk framework by developing methodologies to link financial and non-financial risks for the purposes of risk appetite setting and measurement
* Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across the bank
* Assisting with the production of regular monthly / quarterly portfolio risk and strategy development reports
Skills & Qualifications:
* Strong background in Risk Management
* Experience in a portfolio / Enterprise Risk Management function (beneficial)
* Excellent written and presentation skills
* Ability to influence key decision makers
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to prioritise and manage tasks autonomously
* Excellent time management skills
* An interest in Emerging Market economies (beneficial)
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.