The Commercial & Asset Team provides a Support Service across PaaS Teams with Commercial & Licence Management Accountability for approx 150 Contracts with 45+ Vendors for Software Maintenance & Support and Professional Services Contracts
This includes engagement across Technical Teams & Business Areas to lock down requirements to renew or draw up new Third Party Vendor Contracts. The role includes Licence Management to attest to third party software consumption across Barclays to ensure compliance to contractual entitlement. The team is also responsible for the Recoveries of monies for all new software consumed where PaaS has Product Ownership accountability.
Overall purpose of role
The Commercial & Asset team is comprised of a small team located in UK and Pune. The team are responsible for major Third Party Vendors including IBM and Oracle across Barclays Bank Group. The team also manage multiple Contracts with other Vendors specific to PaaS where there is Product Ownership accountability. Responsibilities include obtaining appropriate Sanctions Approval. The Commercial Manager will liaise with Sourcing for the procurement activity or indeed be required to negotiate terms & costs directly with the Vendor as applicable. The team are responsible for Software Licence Reconciliation Activity mitigating financial risks as applicable which involves securing funds for new software procurement as required.
* Responsibility for consolidating business requirements to formulate strategies for contract renewals and ability to negotiate with Vendors directly.
* Actively contributes to cost challenge/transform initiatives by identifying cost savings in vendor agreements and monitoring software usage & demand.
* Coordinates all activities between finance, business and vendor teams to ensure all sanctions are obtained in contract renewals and any new spend, invoices are raised, validated and paid in accordance with the terms of the contracts
* To provide business analysis skills interpreting baseline Software Licence Usage across Barclays, monitoring software usage in line with contractual entitlement and confirming attestation for contractual Vendor True-Ups as well as ITACM Governance Standards.
* Providing monthly summary position reporting usage versus entitlement
* To lead Vendor Management activity relating to Vendors in accordance with the Barclays Supplier Management framework as necessary.
* To ensure Barclays receives good service performance and to maximise value for money from the vendors and manage cost challenge initiatives.
* Procurement background is preferable but not essential, including negotiation, consolidating requirements to assist in formulating strategies for contract renewals.
* Has contributed to the selection of vendors through structured sourcing processes including price and contract negotiations
* Experienced in Software Licence Management - understanding different Software Licence Metrics and how usage is calculated across different infrastructure technologies
* Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
* With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
* Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.