Job Title: Collections Advisor
Location: Manchester, Piccadilly Place
£Excellent + benefits
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions - in the right way.
With 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs over 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com
Business Area: Collections and Recoveries
Within the Collections and Recoveries department you will be working closely with Barclays customers to offer a first class customer experience. Customers you will speak to will range from those who have simply forgotten to make a payment to those who are experiencing financial difficulty.
As a Collector your main responsibilities will involve:
* Working with customers to resolve potentially complex financial and/or emotional situations and negotiate repayment terms to achieve the best outcome for the Bank and the customer on accounts with balances up to £100,000.
* Working with colleagues across the organisation to offer a high standard of 'seamless' customer
* Proactively identifying and escalating fraudulent accounts to reduce losses to the Bank.
As a Collector your skills and qualifications will include:
* Have a customer centric approach
* Confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills
* Experience in dealing with a high volume of queries and transactions.
* Take ownership of customer queries and see through to resolution.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. You will benefit from all this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.