The Deployment Operations Team is responsible for delivering reusable, scalable, fit for purpose, fully integrated, cost effective release environments to change delivery organization. As a part of this team, the Leads can be responsible for multiple services;
* Environment provisioning responsible for the coordination of provisioning of all Barclaycard non production environments across all platforms using automation and lean principles where available.
* Data depersonalization of all customer data in nonproduction environment and provisioning of data for testing.
* Test Automation Analyst responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing automation solutions for the Deployment Operations Team, with the end goal of reducing time and effort on task, to increase testing coverage, and to mitigate risks.
* Support our DevOps initiative to move our current applications in a delivery model that supports CI/CD, automated testing and deployment of infrastructure as code.
This role is key to enable the change volume delivered to business with greater velocity and controlled volatility to Production Systems.
The technician for Cloud Engineer will be accountable for:
* Experience managing full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud based computing environments
* Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (Network management, EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Caching, Autoscaling , Load Balancing etc.)
* Experience in Linux administration (Linux, performance, storage, patch levels, ssh, scp, rsync, etc.)
* Experience managing DNS configurations in multiple environments
* Experience working with website performance management tools such as AppDynamics, Evolven and CheckMarx
* Experience working with the MySQL database including; performance tuning, MySQL, security, encryption, indexing, replication and high availability
* Hands on experience with various scripting and source control technologies (shell, PERL, python, PHP, Git etc)
* Participate in change management activities on test environments and test data as result of environments defects and incidents
* A total of 3 - 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following technology areas:
* 3 to 5 years Linux and/or Windows System administration and engineering experience, specifically RedHat Linux ES 5 and 6 and Windows 2008 and 2012
* Versed in working in AWS, OpenStack, Containerisation, Software As A Service (SaaS) etc.
* Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, memcache, MySQL
* Familiarity with virtualization and cloud platforms, especially AWS and VMware (vCenter and vCloudDirector, vSphere 4 and 5)
* Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, Jenkins and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
* Medium level scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.
* Understanding of firewalls, NAT and Internet security
* Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and High Availablity
* Foundational knowledge in networking technologies (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organisation
* 3+ years of relevant domain knowledge in one or more of the following (may be disregarded in case of specialized technical roles):
* Credit Cards - Issuing, acquiring, payments, risk, interchange, authorizations
* Banking - retail or investment
* Other financial services
* Analytical (structured problem solving)