Senior Network Engineer (Cisco)
Location: Barclays, Fleet, Hampshire
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits plus on call
Ideal skills: Cisco , CCNP, Cisco Certified Network Professional, ideally F5 platforms, OSPF, Switches, Routers
Overall purpose of role
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer with Cisco. The Senior Network Engineer will be a key technical engineer in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising their excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents.
As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
* Expert knowledge of network administration on Cisco and ideally F5 platforms
* Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
* Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
* Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
* Expert in multiple Cisco routing, switching and security technologies with a strong background in Cisco ASA and Cisco Nexus.
* Expert knowledge of Cisco Firepower IDS
* Demonstrable experience of network performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
* Have a strong working knowledge of Barclays infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Cisco CCNP - Routing and Switching
Cisco CCNP - Security OR CheckPoint CCSA
Configure and troubleshoot F5 LTM & GTM
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Understanding of and extensive experience with Solarwinds and similar network monitoring & configuration tools
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of F5 iRules and iApps.
Good understanding and troubleshooting skills for dynamic routing protocols like OSPF & BGP
As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in The Logic Group premises in Fleet or in various data centre environments. All technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on call rota.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.