CICS System Programmer working in Mainframe Infrastructure team to provide technical support, testing and implementation of change to the Banks live IBM Mainframe systems (online and batch). Changes handled include planned and emergency work. Other tasks include Problem Resolution via ServiceNow and Disaster Recovery activities. Being a System Programmer it is expected to continuously review processes with intention to automate as much as possible and decrease number of manual work required to complete routine work. Also, majority of the time would be spent on focussing on project architecture design from infrastructure side and delivering results according to it.
* Acts as a key contact point for all project related queries including build, testing and implementation
* Leads in the completion of testing for projects and provide technical explanations of findings
* Supports less experienced colleagues through the entire project process from testing through to implementation
* Able to understand and articulate technical issues to a non-Mainframe/non-technical audience
Change/Incident/Problem Management/Support 60%
* Able to work as a consultant for all change implementation processes, challenges other colleagues changes by sharing personal experience. Clearly identifies the risk and impact if the change goes wrong. Plans and leads major implementations.
* Proactive identification of possible major incidents. Provide s the governance, technical authority, leadership and direction necessary for the resolution of technical issues.
Technical Knowledge and Expertise (Essential):
* Experienced in the installation, maintenance and upgrade of the CICS TS product and of CICS related products (Xpediter, Abendaid etc).
* Deep IT security awareness, Excellent understanding of Mainframe operating system tools: - TSO, JCL, REXX, etc.
* Good understanding of the following: - IMS, DB2, MQ
* Previous experience in a Assembler and COBOL programming language, working with such tools: CICS PA, CICS Explorer,
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.