About Technology Chief Control Office
We exist to protect Barclays in conjunction with our colleagues in Technology and Global Information Security, and to enable Barclays to take an appropriate amount of risk to support our Technology strategy and deliver digital solutions for our customers.
Technology Chief Controls Office is a fully global risk community, with around 200 colleagues embedded in our businesses and functions across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
We support the business in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Barclays information assets and critical infrastructure, and ensure our customers can trust Barclays to protect their sensitive information.
Overall purpose of role
Product Manager is responsible for Products / Services owned by Technology Chief Controls Office that are used to execute the technology control office objectives. The role holder is responsible for the development of a product vision, roadmap and requirements to develop the product to meet stakeholder needs.
* Define a compelling product and service strategies and vision, contributing to the delivery of Technology Risk & Control services and aligned to overall strategic objectives.
* Interpret user research, quantitative and qualitative data to make informed product decisions, distinguishing between user needs and user wants.
* Create product and service roadmaps, working closely with the delivery manager. Use product descriptions and iterative delivery plans to assign priorities and make informed decisions.
* Bring together views and input from a wide range of contributors, such as senior stakeholders, developers and user researchers, on the product vision, definition and delivery approach. Build in feedback loops from the beginning of the project to inform prioritisation and iterations.
* Knowledge of financial services industry; experienced with definition of products to manage technology risk and controls
* Comprehensive understanding of control frameworks, both for technology and related disciplines (e.g. resilience, cyber security, information)
* Comfortable operating across multiple teams to deliver share goals
* Analytical but with bias to action
* Highly driven, dynamic, action oriented
* Collaborative, able to drive to agreement across varying stakeholders/interests
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards