Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
The purpose of this role is to effectively execute a wide range of business management activities, including Headcount, Resourcing and Financial management, Supplier and Commercial management, Strategy and Innovation, Compliance and Governance. The role holder will ensure effective high quality standards, consistency, governance and best practice methodologies are developed and maintained. The role holder will be a 'Go To' person for Business Management activities within BUK Technology.
* Execute strategic plans for the Business Management function, effectively managing activities to deliver the strategic plan.
* Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders within Workforce & Commercial Management and Finance to drive cost centre financial policies and processes.
* Effectively manage workforce planning/headcount and budgets, forecasts and performance and reporting, ensuring business targets are met.
* Develop financial management and reporting processes and working with the relevant BUK Technology business managers, Finance Leads and HR functions to provide transparency. Effectively support the management of profitability within the department whilst delivering quality of service.
* Effectively manage stakeholder expectations through communications activity to enable the successful delivery of initiatives.
* Oversee and drive business administration activities which may include Organisational design, Communications and Facilities Management (where applicable). Work with the Strategy teams on location strategy implementation and space management, RIFs, forecasting and logistics.
* Actively manage resource and headcount models and financial management where appropriate.
* Build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders, partnering with Business Managers, Strategy, Performance and Transformation teams, and the Performance Lead in executing effective KPI's across the business
* Drive an effective governance management strategy, including aggregation of strategic MI (including Business Performance reporting).
* Develop team based problem solving, driving solutions consistency within the BUK Technology strategy, working with the federated business management team to effectively deliver our BUK Technology vision and objectives.
* Support Commercial Management activities across the BUK Technology Business Management function, focusing on our cost and Supplier Management strategic agenda. Build professional relationships with internal and external suppliers to ensure data and information feeds (for cost, risk and operational performance) support the requirements of BUK Technology.
* Exercise robust governance and controls to manage compliance training, ensuring all training is completed within Group deadlines, collating and aggregating information as appropriate.
* Single point of contact for managing queries, escalations and team access rights.
* The role requires that the individual have experience of successful business management within multinational enterprise sized financial services firms.
* The ideal candidate will have experience of financial, resource and risk management. The ideal candidate should possess a collaborative style and exceptional relationship building and influencing skills in order to work closely with teams not under their direct control.
* The successful candidate will have strong budgeting, forecasting, cost tracking and financial reporting skills; along with demonstrable experience in managing technology risks, issues and dependencies.
* The candidate should have experience of resource management with a proven ability to effectively build capability in virtual teams with the ability to negotiate in a sphere of influence at a senior level.
* The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative to drive through changes across the organisation, demonstrating the ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders, business and business change stakeholders.
* The role holder will be a relationship builder with a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence in clients, colleagues and teams alike.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.