Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. To that end, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
About Barclaycard Business Solutions
Barclaycard Business Solutions is a portfolio of B2B2C (business to business to consumer) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, offers and point-of-sale (POS) finance.
Making our clients more successful is at the heart of what we do. We are unique. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, putting us in a unique position to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our B2B customers.
Our focus is on making clients more successful by allowing them to always make the sale, help them pay and to help them to promote and sell.
About Payments Tower
The primary function for the Payments Technology Tower is to support the Global Payments Acceptance business and in doing so running payment transactions for 30% of the UK high street, adding business value by leveraging technology solutions and payments domain / industry knowledge. The tower also operates across Barclaycard and the wider bank providing payment solutions where the other business units are acting as a merchant or in the operation of authorisations and settlement routing.
Overall purpose of role:
* Take prime responsibility, working with the Project/Programme Manager and senior stakeholders to identify, quantify, plan and control all business analysis related activity on a business change project/programme from initial scoping, requirements gathering, through to operational design.
* To manage specific Business Analysis work streams on major business change projects and small change programmes to provide specialist, objective analytical insight based on work completed by Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on a project/programme.
* To plan, assess, design, develop and implement new business processes, systems, products and services that are the deliverables from a strategic business change project as part of an overall strategic business change programme.
* Actively contribute and champion the development of the change delivery process.
* To lead objective analytical insight based on work completed by Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on BAU activities and business change projects.
* To initiate, formulate and present recommendations based on analysis in order to influence and negotiate the decisions made by the Business owners at VP and/or Director level & project management team functions.
* Lead and own specific deliverables within the Business Analysis work streams.
* Provide support to the Project/Programme Manager and Solution Architect.
* Mentor other Business Analysts to assist with their education in analysis skills, quality of work and personal development.
* Actively contribute and champion the development of the Barclays Business Analyst community.
* Be responsible (with the support of the Senior Business Analysts) for your own professional development needs.
* Overall responsibility of delivering to Barclays "5 C" Objectives, Values & Behaviours
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Provide design expertise to the business change projects that the Business Design Analyst is assigned
* Understand the roles, responsibilities and value-add of Barclaycard Change Management Community.
* Influencing / networking - developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
* Professional communications - making oneself understood, sharing information, listening to and encouraging others to get involved
* Analysis, creativity and innovation - able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems
* Understand at a high level the interface between complex business needs and the complex legal and regulatory environment in which the business operates
* Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and flawlessly execute at speed
* Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment
* Understand and comply with the requirements of Strategic Change Execution Board Standard, Group Change Governance framework and Group mandated Business Change methods, standards and tools
* Solving business problems and incidents and identify ways to make both customers and colleagues lives easier. Preference to be accredited with industry standard BA qualifications and an understanding of BA tools and methods
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.