Business Analyst- Contract
HSBC urgently requires an accomplished Business Analyst with Investment Banking and Financial Services experience to support and understand structures, operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and systems as part of the Change Management & Development team that then enables HSBC to provide services to our Clients.
The Business Analyst will be assigned to the Global Change Management & Delivery (CMD) Regulatory & Mandatory (R&M) Change team. The CMD R&M Change Portfolio supports regulatory and mandatory change projects across all HSBC Securities Services (HSS) product lines including: Global Custody, Direct Custody and Clearing, Fund Accounting and Valuations, Trustee and Depositary Services, Corporate Trust and Loan Services.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
* Utilise experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
* Work independently and with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
* Drive and challenge business unit and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
* Leverage strong analytical and product management skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements
* Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the implementation team through which requirements flow
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and standards
* Collaborate with implementation teams, supply lines and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
* Act as a liaison between the business units, implementation teams and support teams
Demonstrable experience in providing Business Analysis skills to a custody workstream within Investment services projects is essential as is a proven track record in the following areas;
* Data Analysis
* Process Mapping
* User Documentation
* Impact Assessment/Gap Analysis
* Solution Validation
* Root Cause Analysis
* Operating Model Design
* Process Design
* Design Governance
* Solution Design
* Feasibility Study
* Business Readiness
* Data Loading
* Data Reconciliation
* Test Planning
* Training Documentation/Preparation