Nomura are currently looking for a Business Analyst on a permanent basis to join their surveillance technology team in London. The role is responsible for compliance surveillance solutions.
Nomura are seeking an experienced, full time, Associate level Business Analyst to join Nomura's EMEA surveillance technology team. The team is responsible for delivering Compliance surveillance solutions covering areas such as trade, financial crime and e-communication surveillance. The successful candidate will work in a small but highly performing team who are in the process of building out improved surveillance capabilities in response to the new regulatory and control environment. The role presents a particularly unique and exciting opportunity to engage in the delivery of a new major AML surveillance solution.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
The successful candidate will be required to:-
* Work closely with Compliance and technology stakeholders to help define/ refine requirements, scoping and supporting data analysis.
* Provide full project lifecycle business analysis support from initial requirement gathering through to data analysis, build out, testing and deployment.
* Provide supporting Documentation in a clear and concise manner adhering to Nomura's and industry standard best practices.
* Develop in depth knowledge of Nomura's systems and data sources to support a review of data source appropriateness.
* A degree in a science or engineering based subject at a level of 2:1 or higher(or equivalent)
* At least 3 years' experience within the banking industry in a Business Analyst role and overall relevant industry experience of at least 5 years.
* Experience in the deployment of compliance surveillance systems is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of AML regulation and solutions is desirable.
* Excellent all round communicator with experience in stakeholder management and project delivery.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.