Engineering & development
Engineering & development
The purpose of this document is to outline the scope as well as the responsibilities, activities and deliverables in relation to the Distribution business analyst, required to support and work towards the implementation of the MiFID II / MiFIR Programme.
MiFID II will have a significant impact on the Operational & Product Control processes, Control Functions, Governance and Regulatory responsibilities that directly and indirectly impact Schroders Distribution team. The changes that MiFID II brings may in effect, lead to, a direct impact on Distributions daily operations as well as its intra-reliance and relationship network with departments such as Operations, Investments, IT, Product Development and others.
This is a role for a (i) regulatory expert (preferably MiFID II), with (ii) a consulting (or alternatively Project Management) background; and (iii) with a solid understanding of the Asset Management business (particularly Distribution), to work within the UK Institutional & Intermediary Distribution.
As part of and further to the above, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
* To support the Project Managers and other stakeholders responsible for the Distribution work streams to deliver the MIFID II changes and action points that are necessary for them to meet their objectives;
* Review all MIFID II regulatory updates (incl. Level 2 & 3 documentation) and be aware of industry movements and report/present findings in a cohesive, clear and implementable manner before mid-management and senior management stakeholders;
* Provide analysis to senior stakeholders and agree the finalised approach with the former in terms of department and/or firm wide solution to regulatory challenge;
* Coordinate and work closely with all departments and teams which are involved in the MIFID II program and are impacted directly or indirectly by the changes that will need to take place in Distribution or the Firm;
* To help implement and embed the directive within the organisation and the Distribution team in particular;
* Ensure that all GAP / Impact Analysis findings are addressed and coordinate with the relevant departments along the way to ensure that all possible areas are covered;
* Be capable of working independently, take initiatives and approach challenges in a pro-active manner
Activities / Deliverables
At minimum, the following activities are required as part of the Distribution business process analysis:
* Quickly develop an understanding of Schroders operating model and particularly that of Distribution;
* Go through, analyse and build an understanding of all developments, project structure, planning undertaken internally to date relating to MiFID II
* Meet with the key stakeholders and obtain a good understanding of the deliverables of each project area (Distribution, Investment, Product, Group)
* Participate in the development and finalisation of the Distribution work stream outputs and deliverables (and support work stream leads where necessary)
* Provide training where necessary to local as well as offshore offices of the Group to ensure that the business areas are up to speed with the implementation, delivery of the MIFID II/MIFIR project.
The estimated timeframe to complete the identified activities is:
* 3 January 2017 - 30 June 2017 (possibility of extension)
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.