About Corporate Online Channels
The online channels team are responsible for change delivery for a number of products to meet the cash management and reporting needs for our Corporate & Business Bank clients globally. The systems include Barclays.Net, BOLB, BIB and associated integration with middleware (BEM), customer data (CDI) and downstream payment engines and accounting systems.
The team have developed a detailed understanding of the end to end data flows, in addition to the functionally rich user interfaces and underlying technology. The team are balancing the continued need to functionally enhance the channels to support UK and Europe product strategies, migration of clients from legacy platforms, alignment to the Digital Client Access strategy and ensuring the performance, stability & security of the products meet the demands of our growing client base.
Overall Purpose of Role
A Team Product Owner is a key member of the scrum, representing Business and end users. A TPO works with rest of the scrum and other TPOs to deliver features that improve client experience and represent best value for cost.
* Produce requirements and design proposals adhering to Agile Lean methodology
* Maintain and prioritise product backlog
* Act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output
* Challenge development teams to ensure designs are addressing the user requirements and the root cause
* Participation in the process from product owner approval to functional design completion ensuring the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
* Recognise changes within sphere of control which are liable to impact other systems / work streams and communicate effectively
* Oversee and participate in the testing cycle and own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design.
* Become an SME in the product/business area(s) that the system impacts
* Effectively work with geographically disperse scrum team, driving the efficiency of the team
* Work with other SMEs to document user guides and training materials and training of end users
* Manage workload effectively to focus and progress on more than one delivery/release in parallel
* Business Analysis/ Product Owner experience
* Experience in working in large scale delivery environment
* Experience in working on technical delivery and with technical delivery team
* Preferable experience of working in Agile delivery programme and tool such as Agile Central
* Preferable corporate banking domain knowledge
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.