Overall purpose of role
The Agile Business Analyst (BA) will help the Product Owner to visualise the work and continuously shape the Barclays Partner Finance enterprise backlog in order to maximise delivery value. As a feature team member the BA is responsible for creating a seamless flow of valuable requirements into the team; shaping features and refining user stories.
The BA is collectively responsible with the rest of the team for the E2E delivery of high value software.
Prioritisation and Refinement of Features:
* Understand the needs of the business and capture those requirements as user Stories
* Use data to challenge assumptions and reveal tangible delivery value
* Work with end users, customers & clients to elucidate the vision and elicit requirements
* Model business processes and champion the business goal - Produce wireframes, context diagrams, rich pictures, process amps and other valuable collateral to help define the product vision
* Promote Lean principles to create smooth flow of work items (pull system) through the Enterprise Backlog
* Help the Scrum Master provide metrics to the Product Owner and Team that bring visibility of progress to support predictability and flow - understand backlog tracking, cumulative flow diagrams, velocity, lead times and Kanban systems
* Experience of supporting change or conducting Business Analysis in an Agile environment
* Familiarity with the concept of a Backlog and working within a scrum (or other agile) team
* A talent for facilitating workshops with clients, stakeholders or other interested parties to clarify business priorities, gather & refine requirements, drive collaboration and secure ownership of identified tasks
* Knowledge of Scrum and/or experience of managing a Kanban system
* Experience of working within a complex Financial Services organisation
* Understanding of the Asset Finance marketplace
* Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
* BCS Business Analysis Certification
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.