Job Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The Global Risk function comprises c. 30,000 FTE across the Risk functional areas (Risk Strategy, Wholesale Market Risk, Retail Risk, Operational Risk, Security & Fraud Risk and Compliance), supporting the Global Businesses (RBWM, CMB, GBM and GPB). The Bank's Compliance function is undergoing a major transformation. The function has recently been divided into two: Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance and a new organisational design is being implemented. In addition, major transformation programmes are being established in both Financial Crime Compliance and in Regulatory Compliance.
The Bank intends to create best in class compliance function and the Regulatory Compliance Transformation programme is being designed to deliver the changes necessary to achieve that aim.
Primarily, the job holder will be responsible for managing and executing analysis activity within one or more priority programmes around Regulatory Compliance's Transformation Programme, ensuring projects meet both business and regulatory expectations. The Business Analyst will be part of a multi-skilled team responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery as well as supporting overall Project Management & Stakeholder engagement activities.
Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity. Senior Business Analysts will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change 'product', focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
Senior Business Analysts will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As a senior leader they need to be able to operate at executive level, across regions and global businesses. They work closely with the Programme & Project Managers, Project Management Office, Process Consultants and Business Consultants.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
* Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
* Excellent understanding of HSBC's strategy and the role of change programmes in delivering the strategy
* Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
* Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
* Strong technical knowledge in relation to Global Compliance systems and processes
* Advanced Business analysis,requirements gathering and design techniques
* Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
* A detailed technical understanding of the Substantial Shareholding regulations and key Take Over Panel codes (at least covering Transparency Directives, EU Short Selling, Sensitive Industries plus UK/Ireland/HK Take Over Panel codes)
* Strong and detailed knowledge of Global Markets and Global Banking businesses, specifically products and instruments HSBC trade, the trade lifecycle and the booking models used
* Must be up to date with Regulatory Changes (most recently MiFID II and MAR)
* Previous experience of working in a Disclosures/Control Room function in an Investment Bank is a must