Chief Security Office (CSO)
The Chief Security Office provides global security in order to keep Barclays safe. CSO has holistic capabilities in intelligence, cyber security, physical security, resilience, and investigations, all coordinated by our 24/7 global Joint Operations Centre, and underpinned by our Fusion data analysis capability. CSO operates as one team to predict, prevent, detect, respond and recover from any disruptive event or risk affecting Barclays.
* This role is part of the Strategy and Implementation team and is responsible for strategy development across the full spectrum of Barclays' security.
* Lead on the development of Barclays' Security Strategy, across the full spectrum of Security including intelligence, cyber security, physical security, resilience, and investigations, the Joint Operations Centre and Fusion.
* Build strong relationships across the CSO teams and wider stakeholders to gain their buy-in, in order to deliver high-quality strategy outcomes and to create a strong, cohesive and adaptable CSO organisation.
* Produce a high-quality annual Security Strategy document, as a counterpart to the Intelligence team's annual Threat Assessment.
* Review the Strategy on a quarterly basis, taking into consideration new threat developments, the wider security context, and ongoing delivery progress.
* Steer the CSO teams in developing their own strategies in alignment with the overarching Security Strategy.
* Update the CSO Service Catalogue in alignment with the Strategy.
* Work with the Fusion data analysis team to develop performance metrics in line with the Strategy, and to align the monthly Management Information.
* Develop policy proposals on current and future strategic challenges for Barclays' security, for example Brexit and other geopolitical challenges, and what we should do about it.
* Working with the CSO Implementation Manager, adjust or realign the Security Strategy in response to developing trends and emerging threats.
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written
* Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
* Strengths in engaging, influencing, challenging and negotiating with others
* Good team-player
* Ability to consult, analyse and solve problems at a strategic level
* Ability to digest complex and technical material from a range of sources, and convey it concisely and clearly for diverse audiences
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work autonomously and proactively to deliver high-quality products and results
* Action-oriented approach
* Emphasis on continuous improvement, with the ability to understand own learning style and learn from mistakes or successes for future planning and development
* Effective time-management to achieve results
* Broad understanding of security issues
* Competency in use of MS Office applications
o Building relationships
o Working collaboratively
o Driving continuous improvement and innovation
o Defining and executing change
o Enabling high performance
o Building an effective Control environment