The Basel Committee for Banking Supervision (BCBS) has issued "Principles for Effective Risk Data Aggregation & Risk Reporting" (PERDARR), which are being adopted the PRA, HKMA and many other bank regulators. As a Globally Systemically Important Bank, HSBC has been asked to comply with these Principles. The Principles aim to ensure banks have good risk data & reporting capabilities and that the data & control processes supporting these are fit for purpose.
HSBC have created a programme focussed on achieving the capabilities required to be compliant with BCBS PERDARR. The programme covers work being carried out globally across all of the bank's lines of business and functions. This role will work on one of the key work streams for BCBS overseeing data governance and architecture including data lineage and discovery.
We require three Lineage Leads to manage the collection and documentation of data lineage and associated metadata.
* Thought leadership and design of end to end processes for collection of lineage and metadata.
* Matrix manage teams collecting and documenting lineage and metadata around the world.
* Running regular working groups and workshops to track progress, provide guidance and resolve issues.
* Maintaining project plans and producing progress reports.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
* Work with Country, GB and GF teams to ensure lineage is conducted in line with group guidelines and to programme plan timelines.
* Ensure effective working groups are held with minutes, actions and agendas.
* Manage workshops and analysis activities required to deliver project milestones.
* Measure business benefits of e.g. compliance milestones and operational efficiencies.
* Evidence produced to demonstrate progress in accordance with Requirements and Validation team guidance and securely stored for Internal Audit.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Experience / Education
* Experience working in development of business analysis and business data requirements across different sectors of Financial Services industry
* Experience of working in data centric regulatory projects.
* Experience of data lineage, data mapping and data governance.
* Knowledge of physical data analysis and requirements gathering.
* Experience leading a workstream with offshore resources under matrix management.
* Experience in agenda preparation and status reporting.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
* Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
* Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
* Strong communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations) with all level of stakeholders
* Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
* Navigating - understanding and translating programme objectives and aligning directions accordingly
* Aspiring - being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery
* Driving - setting stretching goals for self and teams and delivering them with courage and tenacity
* Mobilising - authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
* Sustaining - making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business