The team is an analytics and visualisation team supporting several key business and ops functions in Barclays UK. This is a drivers roll with exposure to many areas of the business; COO, Coverage, Finance, Ops, Product.
Our energies are focused on releasing value from data, and making insights actionable: Insights only becomes powerful if you are able to use them to drive change!
Overall purpose of role
As a key member of the QVCC group, they will own key deliverables from the technical perspective. They will be expected to work collaboratively with stakeholders and other teams.
The individual will be expected to act independently on the projects they run at all stages of the lifecycle: gathering and analysing business requirements; building and testing solutions; transitioning into BAU team while managing communications to stakeholders'/business owner.
A strong technical understanding will be key, for development and guiding stakeholders in their tool selection and architectural discussions. Furthermore, they will act as a mentor and reviewer for teammates helping with personal development and peer reviews.
This role will also require the ability to understand complex subject matter and suggest solutions. Due to the diverse set of apps and use cases that are touched by the team. They will need to be able to suggest improvements to current process if needed and also creative solutions to new challenges.
They will be responsible for modelling source data, designing/developing and testing scripts following Agile and DevOps principles.
Stakeholder management and communications will be key, being able to provide precise and regular updates.
* Take end to end ownership of development of their solutions, managing their stakeholders and transitioning it into BAU
* Develop pragmatic solutions with business stakeholders
* Run working groups to drive prioritisation for deliverables
* Provide appropriate updates to steering committees and management lines
* Ensure that all builds are sustainable, in line with governance standards and appropriate support structures are in place to maintain them
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* A knowledge of modern reporting and analytical tools is key (QlikView, Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, Lavastorm, Spark etc)
* An understanding of core businesses functions and processes - a broad experience of various business lines
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* An understanding of the more advanced analytical tools (robotics, machine learning/algorithmic, blockchain)
* Big data tools experience (Hadoop, Abinitio, Datameer)
* Server side as well as application side understanding of platforms
* Ideally with experience of Retail banking, especially Business/Corporate banking and Wealth
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.