Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title: Test Automation Lead
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
At Barclays we have changed the way we design and implement software ensuring our customer is the driving focus. We have removed the layers between the user and the technology team using Agile methodologies to drive feature teams. We have embraced the world of open source technologies to ensure we are evolving with the fast pace world of technology but without putting ourselves at risk. We are now looking to scale our workforce to make sure we aren't only keeping up with the pace but being the pace setters. Are you interested in joining the new wave of digital banking and being at the fore front of how people interact with money?
* Define the automation test strategy for feature testing across Retail Online Banking
* Ensure the value of automation is being achieved which will enable feature teams to delivery with more agility
* To ensure the team delivers pixel perfect UI's
* Own the automation testing framework used by the delivery teams
* Define the governance process and KPI's the teams need to work towards
* Enable test progress and defects status to be automatically acquired using collaboration tools such as Confluence and Jira
* Strong experience with Selenium and other automated testing frameworks
* Defined and implemented an Agile Automated test strategy
* Experience with testing customer facing internet web sites
* Experiencing in leading and creating a team of automated testers to follow your testing standards and processes
* End-to-end software development lifecycle.
* Experience in at least one programming language preferably Java.
* Experience of Test Driven and Behaviour Driven Development.
* Proven experience in Digital or Web Automation using different automation tools and frameworks.
* Experience of the following:
* Testing across multiple browsers
* Automated test data creation
* REST Client
* SOAP UI
* Browser Stack or similar
* JQuery, JSON, XML
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.