Job Title: Asset Finance Case Handler
The Wholesale Lending Transaction Cycle supports Corporate clients across the lending business and through the end to end process from Credit Analysis/underwriting through post sanction fulfilment, drawdown, collateral perfection, maintenance and release, financial monitoring and control, and general servicing throughout the life of the loan. The team has core UK and India site presence.
Asset Finance is part of the Debt Finance product offering supporting client asset acquisition by leveraging the security value within the assets themselves to support funding. The Asset Finance product suite includes Hire Purchase, Finance Lease and Finance Lease with residual values offering across all client segments from SME to Global Corporate.
* The Role holder will be the primary subject matter expert and point of reference for Procedural / Process / Change / Project queries and issues within Asset Finance Operations. The team covers multiple complex processes from setup of new business, production of documentation (Facility letter) through to drawdown of funds and Perfection/Release of any Security Items. Asset Finance Operations has a UK base and sites/service providers offshore which together deliver the end to end Service.
* The Role holder will be responsible for oversight of quality & query escalation levels in Asset Finance Operations - undertaking trends analysis & providing mitigating solutions for Leadership e.g. offshore query rate resolution & mitigation.
* The Role holder will be the primary point of contact for Senior Leadership/Projects/Product re Asset Finance Operations queries, including subject matter input & implementation/systems testing support of Process change / Systems change / Procedural or Policy change - impact assessing to ensure impact on both Onshore/Offshore operations is understood and surfaced to Leadership.
* The Role holder will liaise with Offshore colleagues to communicate & monitor embedding of Process/Procedural change into the offshore aspects of Asset Finance Operations.
* The Role holder will champion the development of a customer focused, high performing culture supporting continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practice.
* Professional/Technical Experience - proven knowledge of Asset Finance procedures & processes e.g. collateral asset types, Asset Finance products and regulatory requirements e.g. Sarbox/Basle/Banking code
* Change Experience - a track record of supporting change in a volume processing customer centric environment with a right shored strategy having proven ability to analysis information quickly & identify innovative solutions.
* Academic and professional qualifications - LEAN aware or experience utilising LEAN methodology in an operational context.
* Language skills - excellent communication at all levels - verbal, written & presentation skills
* The role holder will continually review processes to identify and implement opportunities to improve working practices and search for better ways to service the customers, while maintaining required standards of control.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.