Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Knutsford, UK
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information
About Business Technology Service Operations
Business Technology Service Operations (BTSO) are accountable for the Service Management of all services used by the BUK business, application support for all BUK owned services and for defining and driving the application support and service management global strategy. This role will form part of the BPM support team.
* The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
* Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications.
* Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates.
* Responsible for scoping, planning, and support implementation of application improvement initiatives.
* Manage the successful handover of change into the support environment.
* Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
* Strong Analytical skills.
* ITIL certified
* Proven results in Incident/Problem/Change and Release disciplines
* Production of high quality documentation
* Demonstrated ability to resolve Incidents
* Demonstrated ability to deliver Change & Releases
* Strong understanding of the internal and external environments required to deliver the IT solutions.
* Strong knowledge of key application area, recognised as application expert by their peers and subordinates.
* Strong and proven results in Incident Management and other ITIL disciplines
* Technical Support consisting by use of any languages and technologies
* ITIL V3 foundation certified, previous production support experience
* Experience in BPM (business process management)
* Experience with SQL queries, preferably Oracle and DB2 and understanding of relational database concepts
* Good knowledge on UNIX/ LINUX, basic shell scripting knowledge.
* Support for multi-tier applications, MVC architecture, Web Services
* Knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server and/or JBoss.
* Ideally experience with PL/SQL
* Basic knowledge of Mutual authentication and SSL Certificate Installations
* Development tools and frameworks
* ITIL Foundation or higher level qualification
* Experience in Performance tuning (preferred)
* Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
* Knowledge of J2EE will be an advantage.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Establish, Maintain and Strengthen relationships with senior stakeholders across areas such as Product, Operations and Technology at Director level and above.
* Strong relationship management skills with evidence of establishing and building effective and credible relationships with senior stakeholders.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Ability to interact with technical specialists and to decompose services into logical processes to aid investigation and triage of live service incidents
* Able to quickly absorb and assimilate large amounts of technical and business information to identify the most appropriate course of action to ensure consistent quality
* Familiar with company's stated technology practices and direction and major IT initiatives and key issues
* Ability to take a logical approach to problem identification, solutioning workarounds, root cause investigation and lead participation in Post Incident Reviews.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.