Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Overall purpose of role:
* Provision of L2 application support for the critical .NET service
* Requires investigation into application and/or interface issues, understanding the problem and identifying/recommending the appropriate action to resolve within the service level agreement (SLA). The role will also require working with both internal and external teams to understand the cause and help resolve the issue.
* Participation in Post Incident Reviews (PIR) and Major Problem Reviews (MPR) along with run environment consultancy to internal and external stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
* Incident & Problem management, Issue triage, investigation and coordination to closure
* Data & Configuration changes execution, Batch scheduling changes (Bank Holidays schedules, etc)
* Collate data for Proactive Service Improvement Initiatives (does not include code changes)
* Ad hoc reportingand On call support where appropriate
* Maintain open and timely communication with relevant business, supplier and IT personnel, particularly 'change the bank' development teams
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Previous experience in technical support / problem solving, live service / application support experience, knowledge of the .Net application and existing Barclays 'Channels' and 'Payments' services is required
* Previous experience of multi-platform technologies, familiarity with basic unix scripting
* Ideally the candidate will have had previous experience of supporting applications utilising Oracle and web technologies; low level system administration skills are not required
* SQL (preferably Oracle) - a basic understanding of how to query a relational database is required so that ad-hoc reports and investigations can be performed on the application data, ITIL (preferred)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity