09 March England - Greater London, London Perm €59566.36 - €71479.63 per annum + bonus + benefits + good pension
My Client is looking for an Application Support Manager to manage their Application Support Team of between 7-14 people. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is keen to learn and continue their career within the financial sector.
On a day to day basis this role is responsible for ensuring delivery of support within agreed SLAs, resolution incidents and problems acting as Incident Manager for high priority issues, surfacing and mitigation of IT risk and continual service improvement. As part of the transformation programmes currently taking place within the Bank this individual also has a key role in ensuring new services can be moved seamlessly into support and key non-functional requirements have been accounted for.
The following is ESSENTIAL:
* Experience in an application support management and team leadership role.
* Experience in leading a multi skilled technical team in a customer focused environment.
* Experience of running a technical team in a customer focused financial services environment.
* Good understanding of infrastructure architecture and principles.
* Excellent understanding of the SDLC in multiple technologies.
The following is DESIRABLE:
* Experience of working within the Banking / Financial / Insurance Sector.
* Demonstrable understanding of application and network security.
* Exposure of some of the following: SWIFT, BACS/CHAPS, Reuters, Bloomberg, Treasury.
* Worked with third party providers.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the team, providing high quality operational and technical application and systems support to their customers and internal business functions. The team is great and environment is relaxed.