Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title Application Support Specialist
Based within our Open Account Services team, we are looking for an additional Application Support Specialist to provide Level 2 incident management for applications within this area. Working in a cross-platform environment across Unix and Windows you will work on a diverse range of applications within a fast paced banking environment.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in a range of application support focused activities including:
* Incident management
* Service and post incident reviews
* Identification of service improvements and stability activities
* Handling issues and performing fixes as incidents arise
* Acting as a first line for consultancy requests re: the application suite
* Helping to drive data for Capacity/Performance Management
* Reviewing of Implementation Plans & Release Documentation
* On call support and ad-hoc overtime as appropriate
* Familiarity with Windows/Linux/Relational databases, particularly DB2
* Knowledge of Unix Scripting, Connect Direct, MQ Messaging, Websphere
* Ability to cover on call support and flexibility around working hours
* Familiarity with scheduling tools - TWS / Autosys
* Interface knowledge
* Previous experience of Internal Business Applications
* Experience of Agile methodology
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.