Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Global Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices, but the bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. Historically the teams have been quite silo'd, not considering themselves as one global team. This has now changed with the creation of a global Infrastructure strategy. As such this has opened up several new global roles.
Overview of role
The Active directory platform underpins many of our Global applications and as such the platform requires high availability, consistently high performance and effective monitoring. The platform is hosted across our global data centres however there are few global standards in place. The estate requires significant redesign in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation and self service. The OU structure needs standardization globally, this needs to be completed with no impact to the business. Active directory is integrated into a large number of applications and systems and underpins most application authentication at Schroders. This role will work very closely with the other platform heads and engineers across the Wintel, Unix, Storage and Database functions to ensure infrastructure provides the best service possible. The role will also work with the access control team of the Roles and Resource grouping models. And will assist in integration's with Cloud vendors and drive Active directory as a single sign on source.
This role will build, design, test and deliver the strategy. They will be responsible for the globally delivery and travel to the regions will be potentially required from time to time.
* Establish the current position ensuring all weaknesses, gaps and anomalies are fully understood.
* Work closely with the Head of Wintel to deliver strategic goals.
* Design, build and test the global Active Directory platform, perform Active directory Schema upgrade to Forest level 2012R2.
* Work closely with the support functions to enable LDAP and Kerberos support for Application, Storage and UNIX system including Hadoop systems.
* GPO consolidation with both the desktop and server team to simplify the system globally.
* Establish and document global standards for OU and GPO.
* Establish Active directory documentation and the new windows 2012R2/2016 Active directory build.
* The role will also work with the access control team of the Roles and Resource grouping models.
* Create a new global design for DFS and FRS.
* Review of Sites and Services design and implement improvements.
* Provide a complete RDOC domain controller design for the DMZ environments.
* Build a platform, capable of delivering automation at every opportunity.
* Help/Provide guidance for the Global Platform team in upgrading regional DC's to Windows 2016.
* Reduce the number of R/W DC's globally.