Job Title: AVP Supplier Manager, Operations and Technology
Location: Manchester, Northampton or Coventry
The Barclays Procurement Function is responsible for all aspects of working with supplier resources, from selection all the way to payment and termination of relationships. Supplier Management works post implementation of contracts with all suppliers and internal stakeholders across the bank to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling Barclays to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. It is responsible for:
* Owning the relationship between the supplier and the bank (working with the Category lead as required)
* Leveraging group wide spend to drive best value from suppliers and delivering value across Barclays
* Delivering effective performance management across all spend
* Setting the framework Third-Party Supplier Risk Management and supporting the procurement and management of suppliers across Barclays in a consistent manner
* Operating a number of procurement systems and processes to support and control buying activities
* Responsible for performing on-going supplier management and assurance activities across a portfolio of Management Consultancy suppliers to help the bank effectively manage the service performance, cost and risk in its supply chain
* Responsible for ensuring the relationship is optimally managed and supplier management activities are performed in line with all relevant BU / Group policies and standards
* Managing the internal and external stakeholders for your portfolio/supplier in conjunction with other key parties
* Recognised internally as a Subject Matter Expert in Supplier Relationship Development and drives the greatest value out of supplier relationships
* Understands internal stakeholder / customer needs and can effectively communicate requirements to the supply base successfully supporting the alignment of business processes and strategy
* Plans proactively and runs effective performance meetings with the suppliers identifying areas of improvement for both Barclays and supplier
* Where appropriate provide active support across the wider commercial community within the Bank to enable effective team performance
* Provide Category and Sourcing teams with support and input to negotiations with suppliers and chosen service providers, where required
* Demonstrates ability to be a self-starter and contribution to team outputs
* Works collaboratively with the broader Supplier Management community and leadership to build and leverage different partnership models
* Troubleshoots and improves supplier relationships and relationship development processes / initiatives / partnering models across the business
* All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
* Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
* Recognised internally as a Subject Matter Expert in supplier risk and issue management and has links to broader risk SME network across Barclays
* Acts as a "Trouble shooter" and develops the most appropriate risk management strategy to minimise business disruption and address business needs
* Previous Supplier management/client management experience is a must
* Relationship/ partnership approach
* Communication/ influence / facilitate
* Risk management
* Corporate governance
* Customer/ market perspective
* Innovation and change
* Preferably a degree caliber candidate with relevant qualifications
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.