MANUFACTURING RECRUITMENT LTD
MANUFACTURING RECRUITMENT LTD
17 October England - East Sussex, Bexhill-On-Sea Perm €60975.61 - €62361.42 per annum + 5kcar+10%bonus
.Net / Dot Net Developer
Required to have a high level of practical experience in systems development across the full software development lifecycle using Microsoft tools and .NET technologies. Perfect if experience of Guidewire insurance claims system.
* Use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to development and documentation of systems architectures. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and co-operate with business assurance and project members.
* Assists with development of agreed countermeasures and contingency plans.
* Progresses status of changes with service departments to ensure data is current.
* Circulates change documentation to a defined distribution of clients/users.
* Reports issues and non-compliances, and proposes and monitors action for resolution.
* Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products. Takes full responsibility for all aspects of career development for subordinate staff.
* Conducts learning needs analysis, ensuring that functional or departmental learning plans and reviews are produced, and adapts these as necessary to meet the changing needs of the organisation. Evaluates and reports the business benefits of learning and development programmes.
* Ensures that the performance of practitioners is appraised and assessed in accordance with agreed standards, procedures and timetables and that the results of assessments are correctly reported back to those being appraised.
* Prepares project and quality plans and advises system development teams. Allocates work packages to technical staff, taking account of individuals' abilities and the requirements of the work, monitoring and reporting progress.
* Oversees performance of programming staff, reports on their effectiveness and takes action to remedy deficiencies. Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
* Puts in place mechanisms and procedures for the structured review of work produced and ensures that these are adhered to.
* Establishes and maintains agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensures that they are adhered to.
* Takes responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
* Provides expert advice in some or all aspects of the programming methods, tools and/or standards used in the organisation.
* Evaluates and reviews programming methods and tools used in the organisation.
* Undertakes, or arranges for, the recruitment, training and development of programming staff.
* Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
* Responsible for the effective identification, management and reporting of risk within your area of responsibility.
* Ensure there is appropriate debate, discussion and challenge of risks within your areas of responsibility. Enhance the risk management culture within your team for the effective identification, management and reporting of risk within your area of responsibility.
* Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
* Ensure that direct reports and self achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Strategic Perspective
* Decision Making
* Providing Direction
* Follow-up and Monitoring
* Counselling and Developing Others
* Familiar with Metrics
* Expert in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards
* Proficient in Structured Reviews
* Aware of Test Management Techniques
* Proficient in Product Evaluation and Selection
* Familiar with Principles of Functional Safety Assurance
* Proficient in Progress Reporting
* Familiar with Techniques for Effective Meetings
* Proficient in Standards Writing Techniques
* Familiar with Project Management Tools
* Familiar with Project Planning and Control Techniques